10 Replies
      Latest reply on May 21, 2020 4:24 AM by Claude31
      Himio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

After migrating MacOS to 10.15.4 Catalina, my project in Xcode10.3 couldn't be opened with message "The project file xxx could not be opened", Then as I tought that it is necessary to upgrade Xcode from 10.3 to 11.4, I upgraded Xcode to 11.4 from App Store site. But any project in Xcode11.4 cannot be opened again.

Is there any step for me to run Xcode10.3 after migrating MacOS Catalina?

How can I do in this case to open Xcode 10.3 projects after upgrading Xcode10.3 to 11.4?

• Re: Xcode10.3 can run normally on Catalina?
          Claude31 Level 8 Level 8 (9,145 points)

I just tested on Catalina.

Opened a project with XCode 10.2 and compiled and run, no problem.

KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,785 points)

With Xcode 11.4.1, on macOS 10.15.4, can you create a new project, then close and open it again ok?

Are the projects that can't be opened using any 3rd party APIs/SDKs?

>The project file xxx could not be opened...

...is there also a '...because...' that is part of that message?

Have you confirmed that this isn't a 'locked' folder permissions issue that occured after migration to 10.15.4? Are there other macOS applications having the same issue?

Thank you, KMT.

I can create a new project and then close and open it again in Xcode11.4.

But All old projects which were found in the project list have not been seen yet. I can only find the new project name which I created. But I can find the old projects in the project list in Xcode10.3 but I have not opened the old projects in Xcode10.3. Can I confirm whether the old projects exist or not actually?

The projects that can't be opened using Github programs and the projects that don't use any 3rd party APIs/SDKs can't be opened too.

And there is no "...because..." part in the error message.

Finally, I can't confirm whether the "locked" folder permissions issue effect or not for Xcode10.3 because I couldn't find any security folder and configuration folder, I have just found the "What Are Relocated Items?".pdf.

HI KMT,

I have just been able to find the old projects in trash folder!!!

As you mentioned the "locked" folder permissions issue, I wonder if there would be the old project folders somewhere else. Now I have found them in trash folder.

I can run all the old projects normally with Xcode11.4.

I appreciate you precise advice agine. Thank you!

I will close this trouble.