consumable or non-renewing subscription

Hello,

We have an app and are looking to add an IAP that gives a certain benefit within the app for a very short time frame (think 1-3 hours). The time period starts immediately after purchase and from what I've read that classifies it as a "subscription". However, I've also read that there may be a minimum time period for non-renewing subsciptions that is much longer than the time period we are looking to use.

My question is would this type of IAP classify as a consumable that is consumed immediately for 1-3 hours or as a very short non-renewing subsciption. I know similar types of IAPs exists especially in the world of games and was wondering what common practice in a situation like this so that everything goes smoothly through review.

Accepted Reply

This would qualify as a consumable IAP if you could purchase it and wait to activate it. It must remain with the user for as long as they want as long as they did not activate it. Once activated it could last (i.e. provide the benefit within the app) for a predefined period of time and then be gone.

You are correct, a non-renewable subscription is supposed to last at least 7 days if I recall correctly.

In your case - sell them in packages of 1, 5 and 50.

Replies

This would qualify as a consumable IAP if you could purchase it and wait to activate it. It must remain with the user for as long as they want as long as they did not activate it. Once activated it could last (i.e. provide the benefit within the app) for a predefined period of time and then be gone.

You are correct, a non-renewable subscription is supposed to last at least 7 days if I recall correctly.

In your case - sell them in packages of 1, 5 and 50.