MKMapView minimum altitude

Hi

I have an application where I draw polygons on an MKMapView. Sometimes those polygons are small and I need to zoom the map (lower the altitude). There appears to be a hard limit on this preventing me from zooming/lowering the altitude past a set point. Are there any options to adjust this limit in code? I wouldn't even mind if the map tiles disappeared beyond a particular zoom level (once you get that far in you're more looking at the polygons than the map itself).

Chris

Replies

The minimum altitude of the camera varies based on the map typeand geographic region you're in. For example, if your map type is one of the Flyover maps and Flyover data is available in the region, the map camera may have different limits than the standard map type.

Yes, i've spotted that if I turn on Satellite view for example then I can zoom in less. I've played around with that, but even the best isn't far enough. Do you know if there's a way I can remove the limit?

Glad to hear you discovered that too. That's the only advice I can give you, there isn't a way to go beyond the altitude limit enforced by the framework for the different map types. Even if you adjust the map camera property to a lower altitude, you'll still be clamped to a minimum value enforced by the framework. The best thing to do is file an enhancement request with details of your use case; for example, how small of a geographic area do these overlays cover?