El Capitan Beta 6 Bluetooth Still Not Working

Has anyone been able to get theirs working? From the 3rd or 4th beta I get nothing but the squiggly line. I've removed the Bluetooth plist files, done the PRAM and SMC resets and still nothing.

I have the Mid 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 15".

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Replies

No-one? I guess the XCode debacle is a higher priority. 😢

FWIW, My Magic Mouse, TouchPad and Wireless Keyboard are all working from beta 1 thriugh beta 6.

The same problem materialized for me with beta 6 - up to beta 5 bluetooth worked as expected. Worth mentioning might be that I had one day after shutting down the Mac over night where bluetooth worked fine. Is it possibly an initialization problem? Starting from sleep mode does not work at all.

My Mac is a Macbook Pro Retina 2012.

Is there a way to reset the bluetooth hardware? Any hints are appreciated.

Best regards

I've also got a similar problem. I use an Apple Magic Mouse. When I upgraded, no bluetooth, but no squiggly line through the icon. After a restart, suddenly bluetooth. Then fine for a couple days. This morning, no bluetooth. A full reset with Bluetooth explorer did not help. Restarting didn't help. SMC and PRAM reset seemed to fix it...for now.

In the list of things you tried, you don't mention Apple's own (admittedly somewhat bizzare) fix for your issue:

1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Disconnect all USB devices for two minutes
  3. Start up
  4. Re-connect your USB devices once again.

I hope it does the trick.

Max.

Hi,

this is happening to me only after a cold boot.

The fix i found was reinstalling latest Beta and after the boot, mouse and keyboard have been working fine again.

I only hibernate my system - after wake up everything is fine.

Hopefully this will be fixed with the next ß-release.

Cheers

Michael

So I ended up fixing the issue by donig a clean install of El Capitan. Somehow my volume got some sort of invalid number of allocaiton table entries in the HFS so my only option was to wipe and re-install. Now bluetooth works.

I had previously installed El Capitan over my Yosemite installation.

I can let you know that the new beta 7 has not fixed this issue for me, which appeared, I believe, with beta 4. Right now I can't afford the luxury of a clean install because my usual real-work system is down. When I filed a bug report it was quickly cleared with the message that it was a duplicate of other reports (in other words, 'we know about it'), so I've been hoping that each subsequent beta would result in a cure, but no such luck. I've tried all the methods listed in the forum to bring back my bluetooth but I'm beginning to fear that nothing but a clean install will fix it, in spite of the fact that they know about it.

Sandy

They eliminated the Bluetooth Explorer? --> https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=bluetooth%20explorer