New App to Old App

I want to replace an existing app I own, with a new version. Can I use the same name/AppleID to update the existing app with the new app? Or do I need to deploy this as a new app?

Also, how would users of the previous app get update notifications if they have auto-updates disabled? This update would essentially deprecate the old app.

Replies

If you want to update an existing version of your app on the store, you would do so by following the steps outlined in Create a new version on App Store Connect. This would allow your users to have the app updated in place as soon as it's available, with auto-updates enabled. If auto-updates are disabled, the user would get a badge on the App Store and be shown your app's updated version in the list of updates available for them to install.

• But what if both the apps have different codebase. Consider one app was developed on Native iOS(SWIFT) and the new app is developed in React native from scratch. So in this case can we update the old existing app with the new app.

• I also want to know this

Add a Comment