Storyboard file won't update visually

Whenever I change somehting in a .storyboard file it won't update visually.

Examples:

- If I change a constraints constant value it doens't update (and it doesn't turn yellow or red or anything)

- If I delete a view it looks like it's still there although I can't select it anymore

- If I move a UILabel it looks like it didn't move, but I can only select it again in the position I moved it to

If I restart Xcode then the UI is updated. I've tried the latest Xcode version and the 11.5 Beta version too. I've tried rebooting the computer, cleaned build folders, derived data and reinstalling the command line tools.

UPDATE: I realized that only ONE view controller is bugged, all the others update normally.

Replies

It is not really an XCode issue.

I once had similar problems, because I opened files with "Recently opened" menu.

For some reason I don't remember, that was not the active file on screen, but another copy !?!

So, I just opened file by selecting directly in the file list on the left and everything worked again.

Hi, when you are encountering the error with a view controller not updating, is there an "Internal Error, report a bug" message bar at the top of the canvas? If so, could you click on it and file a bug feedbackassistant.apple.com to help us diagnose the issue? Thank you!