Which file formats support geometry morphers and how to use?

It is crazy opaque on what kinds of asset pipelines can support "Geometry Morphers" in scenekit. Answers to any of these questions would help me greatly.

- DAE does support morphing (albeit super inefficiently regarding file size), but which exporters, conversion tools, or DCC software "just work" with scenekit geometry morphers? Neither blender nor cinema 4D do from my testing.

- Does the USDZ format support geometry morphers? I know the usdztools from the apple developer page supports blendshapes.

- What other file formats might support geometry morphers import into XCode?

- Do Scenekit's geometry morphers duplicate vertex data for each morph?

Basically the only research I can find on the matter is here, where it is still complicated: https://medium.com/better-programming/exporting-a-3d-character-from-blender-2-8-to-xcode-and-implement-like-animoji-using-arkit-scenekit-3d223aa6a29f

Replies

Totally agree, I have been trying to do this for almost a month now, and the lack of information from Apple is insane.
Did you mage to find a working pipeline? I tested about 15 different DCCs, USD, game Engines, plugins, etc...
Some work better, but none worked 100%.
If you want to exchange ideas, please send me a PM with Slack, Skype, etc and maybe we can help each other.