Accessibility doesn't treat back button of navigation bar as first element

Hi,

STEPS:

1. Launch App

2. Navigate from A screen to B

3. Observe focus it should go to back button of navigatiojn bar in B screen while coming from A

Earlier It was happening but from IOS 13+ I am seeing it is not working. Now ehen you in navigate from A to B focus doesn't go to Back Button it go to any first component of B's viewcontroller's view.

In earlier iOS versions accessibility used to treat Navigation Bar backButton as first element of controller, when you came from A To B.

Please let me know if it is a defect or behaviour has been changed.

Thanks,

Pragati R

Replies

I'm experiencing the same for iOS 14.4.1, any solution or radar for this?
I had the same issue. I solved mine by adding navigationController as first element of accessibilityElements like this :

Code Block
view.accessibilityElements = [navigationController, otherViewElements].compactMap { $0 }

Hope this help you

Regards
Same issue with Settings > General or Settings > Wifi, voiceover now picks a first element below instead.
Although there is workaround to force to focus on the nav title or back button, just wondering is there any docs explaining why the default behaviour changes?

A workaround:
Code Block
UIAccessibility.post(notification: UIAccessibility.Notification.screenChanged, argument: yourElement)