Photos Import Delete Option Hidden

In one of the latest incarnations of Photos on the dev preview, the option to delete photos after importing has been hidden in a "gear" menu on the left of the window.

Is anyone else puzzled by this? IMO it's a pain if you forget to delete after importing, to then go and manually delete all the photos off a camera or phone. On a camera it's easier because you can format the card, but on iOS there's no one-touch option, AFAIK.

Why would Apple hide this in this way? Presumably it's a done-deal choice. I know I could leave feedback, but what's the point? Is there a specific place to leave design/UE feedback for this sort of beta? (I know plenty of actual problems, but still…) I'm posting this in part as an avenue there.

Replies

Hi gajahduduk,

I agree, that's going to cause frustration if it's a done-deal.

As to giving feedback about this, you'll need to file a bug report here, or use the Feedback Assistant app that is bundled with the Public Beta of El Capitan. It is also available from the help menu of Photos by choosing 'Send Feedback’.

Max.

It's just possible that if iCloud Photo Library is enabled on your iPhone, you cannot use the Mac to erase the photos after importing them, because the photos are stored in iCloud and only mirrored on your iPhone. Try disabling iCloud Photo Library on the iPhone and see if your Mac is then able to erase the photos on import.