com.apple.developer.exposure-notification entitlement

Hi,

We are working on a Health app which is based on ExposureNotification framework embedded in 13.5 beta framework.

After starting ENManager, we are getting error:

2020-04-30 16:20:25.952793+0200 CVDCT[475:124599] [ENManager] ### Invalidated unexpectedly

2020-04-30 16:20:25.963504+0200 CVDCT[475:124599] ### Fatal error: Activate without invalidate

It seems that we are missing com.apple.developer.exposure-notification entitlement. What is the process of getting access to ExposureNotification entitlement, so we can be able to test code.

Replies

I also have the same error and connot go further.

https://github.com/DP-3T/documents/issues/264

Thanks to help us ASAP

I am also getting the same error

Good question that I would like an answer to as well!

While I have the FAQ and the framework documentation, I can find nothing suggesting where/how one gets permission.

I am not a public health agency. I am not even (at this time) wanting to write an app for a public health agency. What I am trying to accomplish is writing enabling code - extension/adaptation layer for a cross-OS e.g. iOS/Android development platform (think like PhoneGap/Cordova/Xamarin/React Native, though none of the above but same idea...) that will enable PHAs (and those they might hire/contract with) to write apps using that platform without having to each reinvent the wheel by writing native code to connect to the Exposure Notification framework.

I've not found anything from search, so it begs the question as to how even public health agencies will get the permission? Is Apple proactively reaching out? If so, how will they even know who to reach out to? Are they calling agencies and asking "I want to talk to whoever is in charge of writing mobile apps"? (Which in most cases will be.... wait for it... nobody!) Are the PHAs trying to reach out to Apple? If so, they must be having the same difficulty I am!

Any help with contact information, and something more than press releases, FAQs and Framework Documentation would be appreciated!

I presume there is some test system to connect to for development?

FWIW, I have a sponsor for the work I intend to do, and I will have the cooperation of the cross-platform tool vendor. And it will be open-sourced and placed under MIT license. But it's in an odd niche, because it is not an app, it is just a layer enabling others to write an app.

Any idea who I approach at Apple?

I am also facing the same issue, Can someone please help here?

Hmmm, it's extra strict.

The language makes it clear that Enterprise Apps would not be acceptable. You have to agree to very strict terms about what the app might do and how it might work. Which of course makes sense.

You need the endorsement of a Public Health Agency, even to do development.

They will only allow one PHA per country, except for countries that do not intend to release a national app. US so far does not intend do, so states and counties.

I'm going to ask for an exception, since my intention is simply to enable a cross-OS development platform that others can use. I will also make some enquires about getting some county or state endorsement.

have you resolved the issue ?

The exposure notification is only for health agencies and certified developers

https://www.apple.com/covid19/contacttracing/
Has anyone solved this issue yet? How should one obtain the aforementioned permission?
I'm only interested if the user has the exposure notification turned on (enabled), to encourage to do it if not... do I need the entitlement for that? there is any way to know the status?