Can you install .dmg file on iPad Pro?

I want to install an application that works on my Macbook Pro to my Ipad Pro. The application is a .dmg, can I install an application with the ending extension of .dmg on my Ipad Pro?

Replies

>Can you install .dmg file on iPad Pro?

iOS has no idea about what to do with that disc image.

Why do you think a mac app can be installed to your iPP?

.dmg is not an -application-, it is a package that commonly -contains- an application and an installer, as an example.

Are you working with MC, or is this forum something you choose out of hope, etc.?

did u find the answer to this question? installing .dmg on an ipad
Assuming the .dmg contains a Mac application, you cannot run the app on an iPad.

Apple is always been touted as being superior for graphics, when someone buys an Ipad Pro with the latest hardware as an artist on the go we want our tools of choice to work. There are far superior apps available outside of the IOS store for doing 3d sculpting and painting for free. I am on the phone with apple support no .dmg file support no ipad pro, I will have to go Microsoft.

• xengeist, you can't possibly be serious with that comment. The iPad is not a computer, it's a tablet. It has its own operating system and nobody ever said you were supposed to customise it till the point you can use it as a computer instead of a tablet. The very same can be said about any Android tablet, or do you believe you can install Windows on those? Clearly there's a user understanding issue here, resulting in the user blaming the house that (for once) did nothing wrong.

Add a Comment