El Capitan beta 6 + Xcode

El Capitan beta 6 broke my two Xcode, 6.4 and 7.

Someone with the same problem?

I'll reinstall both.

Accepted Reply

The supported way to disable System Integrity Protection in those cases where it's truly necessary is to boot into the Recovery partition and turn System Integrity Protection off from there with the csrutil tool.

$ csrutil

usage: csrutil <command>

Modify the System Integrity Protection configuration. All configuration changes apply to the entire machine.

Available commands:

disable

Disable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

enable

Enable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

status

Display the current configuration.

The kext-dev-mode and rootless boot-args are being removed from OS X El Capitan and will no longer work.

--gc

Replies

Same here. Better wait for the next Xcode beta. Should be released tomorrow.

yep dead in the water let us know if reinstall work

Same issue here... Xcode 6 crashes when opening interface builder. Compilation also hangs on xib compilation... :s

os x beta 6 release notes:

Known Issues

Xcode 6.x has known compatibility issues when run on OS X El Capitan. It is strongly encouraged that you use Xcode 7 when running on OS X El Capitan.

Both Xcode 6.4 and 7 beta are broken here too.

I did reinstall Xcode-beta, it did not help.

I only have xcode 7b4. I was able to open a project and run it on my iPhone. This is on os x 10.11 beta 6 that installed today.

No! it still not working. Both.

Try editing a XIB or Storyboard.

Happens to me as well. Xcode 6.4 crashes immediately when launched.

Same issue here...

Someone told me in Twitter that the Xcode beta download page is down. Weird. Not for me. I'm in Brazil.

Well I'm screwed. I've got deadlines for iOS 9 apps, and iOS 8 apps. Most important iOS 8 is due tomorrow morning. I had upgraded to el capitan because of the iOS 9 requirements due at end of august.

Went to lunch and came back. Lovely. My mac updated automatically while i was at lunch. Must've hit some install update button I wasn't paying attention to.

PLEASE SOMEONE FIND A FIX FOR XCODE 6.X

Don't know if this is just an error for me or if it is the root cause of everyones problems, but I am getting cdtool cannot compile in ***.xcdatamodeld/***.xcdatamodel with beta 6 when I get lucky and my project decides to open without outright crashing. I am currently playing around with editing and removed the xcdatamodel file, will update if I find a solution.

To develop in xcode 6, partition your disk and put yosemite on one partition and el capitan on the other with 7. You will need to reboot in to the version you want to develop in the xcode you want.