I can't log out of iCloud in Simulator

I signed out of iCloud in the iPhone 8 Simulator, and it has shown the screen saying "Removing iCloud data..." showing that it's working for a few hours now. When it did this before, I shut down the Simulator and when I opened the Simulator again, it shows that it never logged out of iCloud.

Replies

I had the same problem. My solution was with a simulator running, I went to Device > Erase All Content and Settings.
I have the same issue. I don't want to erase all content and settings because I want to test how my app would behave if the user logged out. Other solutions?

This is a bug, use another simulator or remove the simulator from XCode and reinstall.

Anything new on this?

There are countless threads with this question. This is proof that Apple does not care about developers. Apple is monopoly when it comes to the App store and they can get away with mistreating the developers.

If you want to log out of Apple ID on Simulator go to Device ->Erase All Content And Settings. Then your Virtual iPhone will be reseted to default settings.

• Where is this "Device" menu? In XCode or on the simulator itself?

Add a Comment

1 year, issue is still with us. Apple, how much does it take to fix one god damn button?

no fix yet??

I wanted to delete my iCloud account on an iOS simulator. I describe the solution below. Tried setting the Screen Time to Off (advice from another forum) : my iCloud account was still present and the Sign out message still disabled (greyed out)

Xcode Version 13.3.1 (13E500a)

Full steps:

Logged into appleid.apple.com > Devices > Removed the simulator device

Opened a terminal on my mac: run

% xcrun simctl erase "iPhone SE (3rd generation)" // Name of simulator

Opened the simulator and it was reset to default, displays Sign into your phone

If you want to get the list of simulators, to ensure you have the correct name of the simulator

% `xcrun simctl list --json`

If you are unable to erase the simulator and receive a message it is in a booted state, make sure it is shutdown before you try to erase it

Hope this works for you !

• 1applefan

Open a terminal and run

% xcrun simctl erase "iPhone SE (3rd generation)" // Name of simulator

Open the simulator and it is reset to default, displays Sign into your phone

If you want to get the list of simulators, to ensure you have the correct name of the simulator

% xcrun simctl list --json

If you are unable to erase the simulator and receive a message it is in a booted state, make sure it is shutdown before you try to erase it

This bug has been around for a long time. I also would like to test how my app behaves when the user signs out of iCloud while my app is running in memory. I'd rather not test this on my real device because logging out of my iCloud account has side effects with tons of apps using iCloud and I don't want to accidentally lose data. Would be great if we got better simulator support. I can sign in, but can't sign out.