Xcode Build Timing summary not visible

Hi

I'm trying to use Xcode's "Build With Timing Summary" feature. It kicks off a build, and I can see the new build in the Build Reports navigator, but when I look through All Messages in the build results, there is "Timing Summary" information. It just says "Build Success - <date> - 75 seconds", but there isn't a breakdown of the timing results.

My target builds an iOS app with many extensions, so I can't post the whole logs here. But is there any reason why I can't find the timing results? I do have that older Xcode flag 'ShowBuildOperationDuration' which still works, but only gives the same overall build summary time, not a breakdown.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of zulfishah Down vote post of zulfishah
2.1k views

Replies

Hi,

I faced same issue last time. Solution in my case was switch "All" into "Recent" in build summary view.

Hope this helps you too.

For people that come here looking for an answer... after invoking the build using the Product > Perform Action > Build with Timing Summary, once the build is done, select the build in the Report Navigator (⌘9) and then selecting Editor > Open Timeline. This will open the timing summary along side the build log.

Note that as far as I know, the flag ShowBuildOperationDuration is only used for showing the duration of the build in the toolbar; it is not required to be set for the build timing summary.