Discrepancies in downloads/revenue for Financial Report

I have only recently started developing iOS/Mac apps under my own Apple account again. Yesterday I got my first Financial report for March and it was substantially different from what I expected.

[The following numbers are not real, but reflect the percentage of the discrepancy correctly]

Here is the reporting through 3 different interfaces. In all three cases I asked for proceeds for Mar 1st-28th, which is what the financial report is based on.

Sales & Trends $2680 (1,280 downloads)

App Annie $2717.20 (1,299 downloads)

Payment & Financial $2,008.58 (961 downloads)

As you can see, the Payment & Financial report has significantly fewer downloads and consequently less revenue. How can this be? It can't be whether the final day in the range was included or not in the totals. I never had that many sales in a day. I also though it might be due to returns of the product, but I've only had 7 in the past month according to Apple's reporting.

Anyone know why the Financial Report is so much lower?

Replies

I got a response from Apple about the descrepancy. The part of their response that probably explains the descrepancy is:

Transactions may take time to process and close. Transactions initiated in a particular month and shown in Sales and Trends may not be reflected in Payments and Financial Reports until the payment is processed and the customer gets the receipt, which may be in the following fiscal month.

So I assume the last couple of days sales may not actually make it into the Financial Report for the month. that coupdl explain it. I will wath next month to make sure they appear there.

It's always been that daily reports are crapped out by unicorns. Just dart-board generated eye-candy for the impatient. Never, ever put any salt in them for anything other than impressing the gullible in study hall.