How to submit (or not submit) an introductoryPrice

So the 12.2 discounts have a well documented call flow.

1. You have to determine if a given SKProduct.discounts offer applies (via your server)

2. If so you pull pricing information off of the discount to display to the user (among other UI changes you may make)

3. If the user proceeds with the purchase you have to sign the offer from your server.

4. Then you create a SKPaymentDiscount with the relevant nonce, key, signature, etc

5. Assign the SKPaymentDiscount to your SKPayment.paymentDiscount field and also set the SKPayment.applicationUsername

6. Add that payment to the SKPaymentQueue

What I'm not as clear with is the older 11.2 introductoryPrice call flow. From what I understand it looks like

1. If there is an introductoryPrice Look up if the user is eligible for an introductory price (must have had no prior intro purchases)

2. If the user is eligible pull the pricing information off of the SKProductDiscount to display to the user (among any other UI changes)

3. Then, and this is where I get lost, how do you configure the SKPayment to include the introductoryPrice if it's included or not include it if its not appropriate?

SKPayment.paymentDiscount was added in 12.2 so it does not appear to apply.

What am I missing. Once you determine if the introductoryPrice applies to this user there's got to be a way to signal that to SKPaymentQueue.

Thanks.

Replies

I believe you don't get to decide whether or not the user gets it. The app store will give the user the introductory price if this is their first purchase of a subscription from the group. When they write "if the user is eligible" they are essentially meaning - "if the user will get one when they make the purchase". You figure that out and then tell the user what the price will be - including, if they will get it, the introductory offer.