Xcode 11.4: How to suppress OpenGL deprecation warning?

New with Xcode 11.4, I get this warning: "OpenGL is deprecated. Consider migrating to Metal instead." Clicking the warning takes me to our app's target settings, in the "Frameworks, Libraries, and Embedded Content" section, where we have added a reference to OpenGL.framework.

This is an issue that we are quite aware of already. We are currently working on migrating to Metal, but we have not yet fully switched over.

Meanwhile, I'd like to roll out this new Xcode version to our entire development team. But the presence of this warning violates our Zero Warnings policy. Is there a way to suppress it? Given the location and specificity of the warning, it seems like it's a special case and not something generic. I read through the Xcode 11.4 Release Notes but saw no mention of the new warning.

[Apologies if this is the wrong subgroup. I was looking for a "build system" subgroup but couldn't find one.]

--Michael Hecht

Accepted Reply

I found the answer.

In my target's Build Settings, under Build Options > Validate Workspace - Ignored Frameworks. I add an item "OpenGL".

Summary

List of framework names for which to suppress deprecation warnings and missing framework errors in the workspace validator.

Declaration

VALIDATE_WORKSPACE_SKIPPED_SDK_FRAMEWORKS

Value Type

String List

Replies

I found the answer.

In my target's Build Settings, under Build Options > Validate Workspace - Ignored Frameworks. I add an item "OpenGL".

Summary

List of framework names for which to suppress deprecation warnings and missing framework errors in the workspace validator.

Declaration

VALIDATE_WORKSPACE_SKIPPED_SDK_FRAMEWORKS

Value Type

String List