Invite image not working - GKMessageImage.png

I placed a GKMessageImage.png image file into the Assets.xcassets folder in my Xcode project and then reloaded each iPhone, which I use for testing, with my new application via XCode. When one iPhone sends an Invite text message to the other iPhone, I do not see my GKMessageImage.png being presented. The Game Center default colored bubbles are still being presented.

What am I doing wrong?

Does the GKMessageImage.png have to be a specific size ?

Replies

One issue is caches. The iPhone keeps a record of these images and updates those records when the app is installed or the device is rebooted or various other significant events take place. Try turning the phone off and on.

I turned two iPhones off/on (ie: rebooted them) and sent an Invite from one to the other and still see the default Game Center "colored bubbles" image being sent and received.

When the GKMatchMakerViewController is displayed and I select "Invite Friends" button I see the default Game Center "colored bubbles" image displayed even before selecting friends to invite. Of course, once I select a friend and send the invite via text message then the text message received has the same the default Game Center "colored bubbles" image.

Any other ideas how to get this working?

• Is the "GKMessageImage.png" the correct filename to be used?
  • I placed my "GKMessageImage.png" image file into the Assets.xcassets folder in my Xcode project. Is this the correct place?

I assumed more developers would have changed the default invite image and would have seen this issue.

Has anyone been able to do this successfully?