Xcode 11.4 Target Integrity Errors

Hello XCode Developers.

The latest XCode release 11.4 introduced a new target integrity check which fails a build if the target links against a framework named "Collaboration.framework"

This is a very presumptuous error. Our company has a proprietary framework with that name... and now our builds all fail unless we remove this framework.

I noticed that if I build my target with our proprietary Collaboration.framework removed, and then insert it again and run without building, then I can work around this problem. Subsequent builds will not run the target integrity check and I can work smoothly for a while... until the target integrity check runs again. Is it possible to disable this check somehow?

Moving forward, we would be very grateful if the XCode team would expand upon this check to be a bit more selective, or prefer to warn the developer instead of failing the build.

Thanks,

|K<

Kent Clelland

Avaloq Evolution

Accepted Reply

The correct way to avoid Xcode failing the build is to not use names that apple uses. To workaround the issue you can do this:

VALIDATE_WORKSPACE_SKIPPED_SDK_FRAMEWORKS = Collaboration

|K<

Replies

we would be very grateful if the XCode team …

I understand, but this forum is the wrong place to send this message.

File a bug report, for enhancement request. And documentation improvement.

Will be much more efficient.

Wish you good.

You can avoid the error by looking into how your framework is built. I've laid out the options in this other forums thread.

The correct way to avoid Xcode failing the build is to not use names that apple uses. To workaround the issue you can do this:

VALIDATE_WORKSPACE_SKIPPED_SDK_FRAMEWORKS = Collaboration

|K<