In App Purchase first transaction gets stuck

I tried through sandbox account and testlight external testers with the same result:

The very first time a user attempts to purchase, he gets the prompt "Sign in required" and needs to enter his apple ID and password. After clicking Buy, another prompt appears "Confirm your app purchase" where the user needs to enter the apple id and password once again.

Clicking Buy brings back the "Sign in required" prompt and the loop goes on forever.

If the user taps "cancel" and tries to make the purchase it then immediately works as it should. It's almost like the first attempt is a write-off.

While the apple prompts are happening, no code gets executed so I can't debug it. The only thing I know is that the transaction state goes through "purchasing" and remains in that state until I click "cancel" which fails the transaction as it should. When trying again I get the purchasing followed by the purchased state as it should.

Any ideas?

Edit : I downloaded Apple's sample project "InAppPurchases" and the exact same thing happens. Maybe it's a bug with 13.4?

Replies

I'm having the same problem trying to test my IAP. I'm on an iPad with 13.3.1. In recent days the sandbox has given sporadic "Cannot connect to iTunes store" errors. Usually (for years now) the sandbox asks me multiple times for login/password, and I worried it was something I was doing wrong in my code, and that this might happen in production. This morning it's asking me over and over again, like you described.

I did as you suggested - cancelled, and tried again. I got a couple "Cannot connect ..." errors and then on the 3rd try it went through.

So, it seems they are having server-side issues, despite the status here saying it was fixed two days ago (on March 30):

https://developer.apple.com/system-status/

I contacted Apple Support, sent them a video of the issue on their own Apple sample project "InAppPurchase", we'll see what they say

Also for me the same issue...I get 4 times "SignIn required" screen and after that he transaction fails with the error "Cannot connect..." if I retry all goes fine and I'm able to buy.

Unfortunally my app is in review and they rejects it!

Let me know if something changes in the meanwhile.

Thanks

Where did you found the sample? I can try and send me where I can send them the video...

Thanks

I've been facing a similar problem, whereby when I call finishTransaction it sends my app into an endless log-in loop, but only on a brand new 16" MacBook Pro running macOS 10.15.4. I also cannot extend a non-rewable subscription on this machine, while other machines do not exhibit this behavior, including one which is also running macOS 10.15.4.

I have spent over a week trying to debug this issue, working with Apple's DTS & Customer Support (because this 16" MBP arrived on the 4th of April). The last message I received from DTS indicates that they think this may be a hardware issue with the machine.

I see many others who're having similar issues, I can't help but wonder if this problem is either at their server or maybe with the last few OS updates, or maybe even both.

I hope that this gets resolved shortly, if our customers encounter these problems, they'll instantly blame us developers, and we'll lose business over this.

Ignore it. Just tap 'cancel'.