Update work related to ApplePay certificate

Always I am indebted.

We would like you to answer the following questions.

* I am sorry for the poor English text.

If possible, please answer in Japanese.

[Event]

The SSL certificate was renewed in advance, but an error occurred during Apple Pay's Merchant Domains authentication, causing an event that Apple Pay could not be used.

The status of Merchant Domains was "Pending".

[Recovery]

Currently, we are responding as follows.

・ Re-create and re-verify Merchant Domains.

・ Re-create and upload the Payment Processing Certificate.

・ Recreate and upload Merchant Identity Certificate.

[What you want to check]

Apple Developer has sent an advance notice by email,

It is recognized that the SSL certificate must be renewed at least 7 days before the SSL certificate expiration date (February 4, 2020) of the domain using Apple Pay

The validity period of the relevant SSL certificate was updated to "February 4, 2021" on January 23, 2020.

However, similar notifications from Apple Developer continued after that

On January 29, I received an email from Apple Developer saying that the domain I was using could no longer be automatically revalidated by Apple.I renewed my (domain) SSL certificate 7 days before the expiration date (2/4),

① Do you know why the status of Merchant Domains is "Pending" even though you renewed the SSL certificate?

②Are there any other tasks that need to be done besides renewing the SSL certificate?

※ Can you tell us the correct procedure and order for certificate renewal work related to ApplePay?

[Reference: First (1/5) email from Apple Developer]

Your website domain that uses Apple Pay has an SSL Certificate that expires on Feb 4, 2020.After automatically trying to reverify your domain, we found that the domains SSL Certificate has not been updated.Your domain is automatically checked 30 days, 15 days, and 7 days before this expiration date.

If your domain has n’t been successfully verified 7 days before expiration, revalidate it by Feb 4, 2020 in Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles to ensure uninterrupted use of Apple Pay on your website.

(Omitted)

[Reference: Email from Apple Developer on January 29]

Your website domain that uses Apple Pay has an SSL Certificate that expires on Feb 4, 2020.We were unable to automatically to reverify your domain.To ensure uninterrupted use of Apple Pay on your website, revalidate your domain by Feb 4, 2020 in Certificates , Identifiers & Profiles.

(Omitted)

[Main background]

January 5, 2020

You will receive an email (Your domain will expire soon.) (The first email above) as a one month notice from the sender "Apple Developer".

January 23, 2020

The SSL certificate expiration date has been updated from February 4, 2020 to February 4, 2021.

January 29, 2020

Received an e-mail from Apple Developer as a notice seven days before, stating that the domain being used cannot be automatically re-verified.

February 5, 2020

Apple Pay can no longer be used, and confirmed in the Apple Developer Program,

The status of Merchant Domains was "Pending".

⇒ After that, it was restored by the above [Response].

that's all

Replies

No. Based upon the correspondence on Jan 29th it looks like Apple servers tried to reverify your domain and something did not correctly verify. Can you see in your access logs that the verify attempt is reaching your servers to verify your domain?

| Do you know why the status of Merchant Domains is "Pending" even though you renewed the | SSL certificate?

One thing to check would be that your previous SSL cert and your new SSL cert contain the same organization details. For example if there has been a change in your organization name and this is reflected in your certificate then this would put your domain into the pending state.

| Are there any other tasks that need to be done besides renewing the SSL certificate?

| Can you tell us the correct procedure and order for certificate renewal work related to

| ApplePay?

Matt Eaton

DTS Engineering, CoreOS

meaton3 at apple.com