Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code

updated to XCode 11.4

then my app stopped compiling. this is the error:

~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/concrete-gbrhhoatnalnokezrxqmivnfpmuf/Build/Products/Debug/concrete.app: resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed

I'm fairly certain this error is not the real problem. my project has... 6 targets. 4 frameworks and desktop 2 applications. only happening to 1 application.

I have cleaned all targets multiple times, tried rebooting, gone therough all targets and changed the names of folders named "Resources"

logged out and back into my keychain, logged out and into of my account in XCode, turned off Signing altogether (or rather... I did the closest available thing,) changed the target OS version (started out at 10.14, went to 10.13, then 10.15)

all random suggestions by random people on the internet.

the app compiles, I can run it outside of Xcode. no problems. But it's not so finished that I can get by without actually debugging it.

I've been through the project settings and compared them from the app that compiles and the app that ***** out. There's no obvious material difference.

I think XCode is adding "resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus" to my app, without my permission or my awareness.

I'm at my wits end trying to track down the root cause for this compiler bug, that was inserted into my life with Xcode 11.4.

help obi wan.

-td

Replies

Same here,

in my case

ios/Debug-iphonesimulator/Runner.app: resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed