AppUITests bundle ID suffixed with .xctrunner!?

I've started developing my first macOS app and chose "Automatically manage signing" because life's too short.

Since I added iCloud capabilties to my macOS app, the AppUITests target won't build because it's saying the AppUITests requires a provisioning profile with the bundle IS suffixed with "UITests". (Don't recall ever having this issue with iOS.)

So I go through the process in my online account to create a provisioning profile, (eventually with the correct iCloud entitlements etc) and install it and update my UITests target to point to it.

Now it's telling me it can't build the UITests target because the bundle ID in the provisioning profile doesn't end in "UITests.xctrunner" !

Is this normal? Because it seems quite convoluted, and do I really have to go through the process again and create profile with bundle ID that ends in "UITests.xctrunner". I don't know where the "xctrunner" suffix came from, but it's certainly not present in my build settings.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of alienspaces Down vote post of alienspaces
2.1k views

Replies

I'm hitting the same problem.
Same issue here, this makes doing UI test on device impossible, the provisioning profile is guaranteed to not match the bundle ID...