Remove bundle id used in Personal Team option

Hi,

i have a question about the bundle id. I have use the proper bundle id for our app com.domain.appName but up until now I was testing it on my free personal team account in Xcode. When I was trying to register that bundle id in my company account it doesn’t allow me so it’s seems that the proper bundle I used i stuck with my Personal Team. How can I remove that bundle from that free account so that I can register it in my company account ? I have written to apple and received such answer: „You have to create a new Bundle ID for the app you are creating or you create the App in a private account and transfer it to the company account.” So what does it mean ? My private developer account isn’t in the paid enrollment program, I just received invitation from my company team. Does it means I have to switch my account to the paint one and transfer it ? And even if so does that bundle id will be able to transfer if it was used on that whole Personal Team account in Xcode ?

Replies

Just make a new one under your company account. There can't be any repercussions that would matter.

I am using XCode 11.5

I resolved this issue by first selecting the personal team in the Xcode Siging & Capabilities section and changing the Bundle Identifier to another random identifier. Then I selected the paid team and set the Bundle Identifier to the preferred Bundle Identifier. Then I used the try agian button or re-create the Bundle Identifier and it worked.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Dipo Down vote reply of Dipo
  • This worked for me absolutely !

Here is steps : 1. changed bundle id as another id (will not used later) for personal team. 2. build release. 3. change team id for paid or new account. 4. change bundle id as previous origin id 5. try to build as release. Thanks a lot for Dipo, now I can use proper bundle id for app concept !

• Thanks this worked, but I had to also remove the Bundle ID from old team on the Apple Dev / Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles / Identifiers. A also uninstall the old version of the app from all devices, but I don't know if it has any impact.

• This doesn't seem to work now. Both the original and the changed bundle id end up being registered under the personal team account.