Not notarised when including unsigned content

Hi!

I've an app that has been notarised without issues until now (last time just some weeks ago). Now is being rejected because it includes an unsigned kext... but the kext is allowed to run and whitelisted at AppleKextExcludeList for years.

I guess the notarisation process has been recently changed and is not checking that whitelist, but it should, since it's not taking into account this old kext that run without issues and has been doing so for years.

Already opened a FB: FB7642485

Is there any other way to continue distributing the app and notarizing under this new policy? Do I need to sign the app with the developer certificate instead of Dev ID? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

When was the last time you notarising your product? Before 3 Feb 2020 [1]?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

[1] Which is relevant because that’s the deadline in Update to Notarization Prerequisites - News - Apple Developer.

Yes, it was before :S.., missed that!

In any case, I'm developing a new version of the app.., I guess I must distribute unsigned content outside the .app starting from now if I want to keep signing using my Dev ID. Any other way?

Thanks!

The obvious alternative is to sign your KEXT. I take it that’s not an option here?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Yes.., still waiting since August 2019 for the approval/denial of kext signing request 😟 😟

Hmmm, weird. Please drop me a line via email. My address is my signature. Make sure to reference this thread because I get way too much email (-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Thanks! Just done it 🙂