My app does not find sirkikit intentdefinition classes in xcode 11.4

My app has had support for a couple of siri shortcuts since it came out, haven't touched it in a long time. My project compiles and builds in 11.3.2 but doesn't in 11.4.

The errors i get is that the classes that are supposed to be generated from my intentdefinition file, and that i am referencing in my intenthandlers are no longer found.

For example, in my intentdefinition file i have a custom intent called "MyStatus".

I then have a MyStatusIntentHandler:

#import "MyStatusIntent.h"

@interface MyStatusIntentHandler<MyStatusIntentHandling> : NSObject

In 11.4, i get an "MyStatusIntent.h" file not found. In 11.3.1 and earlier it builds fine.

I am not super great at project config and structure, so i'm a bit at a loss as to where to start digging. If anyone has any pointers, and what in 11.4 that might be new and giving me problems, I'm all ears.

Cheers

Replies

I have the same problem

I am having the same issue. There is also no longer a setting in Build settings for "intent class generation language". The custom intent class is never generated. You can tell by looking in your intent definition file and selecting the custom intent, then in the identity inspector, you normally see an arrow in the "Custom Class" field that will show you where the generated file resides. It is gone, so just like that, updating Xcode has stopped all progress as we try to resolve this since we can no longer build the project without tearing out all references to the custom intent. One thing to note, my custom intents were all being generated in Objective C since my project is 11 years old and mostly in Objective C. Anyone having this issue that has them generated in Swift? I was thinking of trying to just rewrite them all in swift. I will update here if I find a work around. Hopefully Apple can respond to this soon and provide some guidance.

I have the same issue (using Objective-C too) but I'm unable to reproduce it in a small (Objective-C) project.

John, my project is the same, like 9 years old, objective-c project (not even using ARC!). If you find out anything, I'd be very happy if you'd let me know. We're a small shop with one developer across all technologies and in the given situation, right now it's hard to find time to spare to look at things. I also hope Apple will notice this.

I am having this exact same issue. My app builds as normal on Xcode 11.3, but has this issue on Xcode 11.4.

I can reproduce the issue described here using a new Objective-C project in Xcode 11.4, if I configure the project to use the Legacy Build System. Please migrate to the New Build System.

Thanks @edford, that seems to be the answer. I had to use the Legacy System otherwise the app wouldn't archive, and it worked fine in Xcode 11.3, but wouldn't build at all in 11.4.
Switching to the "New" build system seems to get it at least building for now, but I've not tried archiving yet, so don't know whether that's been fixed.

Migrating to the new build system also is requiring a lot of work currently and does not build my project without errors. Is there no plan to fix this for the legacy build system and we should just count on it the legacy build system no longer being supported?

If you'd like the teams to consider addressing this in the legacy build system, please file a bug report. However, I strongly encourage you to migrate to the modern build system, as its overall performance is much better than the legacy build system. To sort out the issues when migrating, please see this WWDC talkand this troubleshooting information (see the group on the left for several types of errors).

I got them sorted out yesterday. Does seem to build quicker now.