1 Reply
      Latest reply on Apr 2, 2020 11:52 AM by PeterSN
      PeterSN Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm running some XCUITests that utilize the measure(metrics:block:) call to gather signpost metrics (using XCTOSSignpostMetric) from the app being tested.

Running the tests one at a time works just fine, but when I try to run multiple tests consecutively, all tests after the first fail with the error: "Cannot activate instrument while another is already active"

Is there something that I should be doing after the measure block is run or in a tearDown() to clean up the metrics being measured? I couldn't find any documentation about cleaning up metrics, but it appears that the underlying instruments are not being cleaned up appropriately when a test case completes.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

• Re: Getting error measuring signpost metrics in XCUITests
          PeterSN Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Update: Here's an example of one of the errors we're seeing when we run multiple performance XCUITests consecutively:

*** Assertion failure in -[MXMOSSignpostMetric _constructProbe], /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/MetricKit/MetricKit-60.60.1/MetricMeasurement/MetricMeasurement/metrics/MXMOSSignpostMetric.m:70

2020-04-02 10:51:51.779 PerformanceUITests-Runner[347:11285] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: _startDate'

Again, the failure is occuring when using measure(metrics:block:) to gather signpost metrics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!