Managed screen sharing app.

With campus closed, we are looking for a way to allow students to screen share to access to Macintosh computers in our labs. We would need a way to only allow access to a pool of available machines. A screen sharing management tool that would allow them to log on, see a list of available Macs, log on to screen share and then log on and work normally. Any ideas appreciated.

Replies

Are you looking to write such an app? Or deploy an existing app? If it’s the latter, you might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities, run by AppleCare, and specifically the in Business and Education topic areas, where you’re more likely to find folks with relevant experience.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I'd suggest looking into WebRTC and UserMedia. My company developed a protoype to do what you are asking on a local network.

It would work over the internet too, but you'd have to set up the connection server in the cloud. Twilio offers this as a service with good example code. But it looked like it could get expensive to run.

Feel free to contact me directly if you want to boune the idea around.

Patrick

https://learnavprogramming.com/contact/

Edit: added contact info