I submitted an iOS app with a watchOS companion app.
App has been 'Metadata Rejected':
Here is the full message:
Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed
We have started the review of your app, but we are not able to continue because we need access to a video that demonstrates the current version of your app in use on a physical watchOS device.
Please only include footage in your demo video of your app running on a physical watchOS device, and not on a simulator. It is acceptable to use a screen recorder to capture footage of your app in use.
To help us proceed with the review of your app, please provide us with a link to a demo video in the App Review Information section of App Store Connect and reply to this message in Resolution Center.
To provide a link to a demo video:
- Log in to App Store Connect
- Click on "My Apps"
- Select your app
- Click on the app version on the left side of the screen
- Scroll down to "App Review Information"
- Provide demo video access details in the "Notes" section
- Once you've completed all changes, click the "Save" button at the top of the Version Information page.
Please note that in the event that your app may only be reviewed by means of a demo video, you will be required to provide an updated demo video with every resubmission.
Since your App Store Connect status is Metadata Rejected, we do NOT require a new binary. To revise the metadata, visit App Store Connect to select your app and revise the desired metadata values. Once you’ve completed all changes, reply to this message in Resolution Center and we will continue the review.
I have 3 questions:
- Is it a systematic requirement for Watch apps ? I did not see in guidelines ; or is it for some reason specific to my app or to the reviewer ?
- How can I record video on the Apple Watch ? Should I film the watch while in operation and post this video ? Or is there a direct way to record the video from the watch to iPhone (using system tools, not third party).
- I understand it is not video for publication on appstore, but video for tester. So should I include video in the screen captures section or put it on some web site and give a link to it to the tester ?