Buttery smooth Chrome animation, extremely choppy Safari animation

Video of clear difference in performance:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo1fh82gvodad23/Screen%20Recording%202020-03-15%20at%204.39.57%20PM.mp4?dl=0

Horrible choppy animations in Safari. Go to the same page, or any other, in Chrome... and it's flawless. It's night and day performance. I'm a designer not a developer. Using Webflow. Same code, same jquery library for both. Safari is horrible, Chrome super slick. No differences.

What gives? Don't know what else to say. It's night and day. I've even snuck into a shop and tried my site on an iMac Pro and an 12" iPad Pro... just is choppy and horrible. Something is severely wrong. Any clues? Thanks!

Replies

I expect you're talking about the animation for the page titles and their underline? They appear smooth for me with Safari Technology Preview 108 on an iMac Pro. The best place to raise an issue that you believe is a bug on bugs.webkit.org, the bug tracker for the open-source WebKit project. There is an Animations component which would be ideal for this, then we can diagnose this issue as bug and follow up. Feel free to leave the bug link here.