URL for a privacy policy?

I am a first time developer who created a card game which I now want to submit into the AppStore. Apple Connect indicates I need to add a mandatory Privacy Policy URL. I am not familiar with URL stuff so really have no idea what this involves. Perhaps someone can describe what is needed at a high level just so I can understand better?

1) How does one go about getting a URL? Does this mean I have to pay for my own website?

2) How does one associated a privacy policy on a URL?

Accepted Reply

>I just created a Google Sites "site" and have the privacy policy stated on one of the website's pages. I am assuming this will work when submitting my app for review.

You obtain a website from Google. That website has the URL "h ttp s://sites.google.com/.....". You then use the Google API to write your privacy policy on that website. You then add that website to the metadata on App Store Connect when you submit your app for approval. You can include a link to that website within your app if you are required to (i.e. certain IAPs require a link to your privacy policy).

Replies

I was informed about Google Sites, so I used that to create a URL for my privacy policy

Is this still an open question:

How does one associated a privacy policy on a URL?

You can copy the privacy policy from any other app and write it on that Google Sites website using the Google APIs for Sites.

I just created a Google Sites "site" and have the privacy policy stated on one of the website's pages. I am assuming this will work when submitting my app for review. It is good to know that the information can be altered via an API, however, I doubt I will need to do that as my privacy policy most likely will never change

>I just created a Google Sites "site" and have the privacy policy stated on one of the website's pages. I am assuming this will work when submitting my app for review.

You obtain a website from Google. That website has the URL "h ttp s://sites.google.com/.....". You then use the Google API to write your privacy policy on that website. You then add that website to the metadata on App Store Connect when you submit your app for approval. You can include a link to that website within your app if you are required to (i.e. certain IAPs require a link to your privacy policy).