Mac Catalyst Push notifications

I am trying to get push notifications working for my Catalyst app and am running into two problems :

1, When I call UNUserNotificationCenter.current().requestAuthorization, the app does not show a dialog asking the user to authorize notifications (similar to iOS)

2, I am using Firebase Cloud Messaging (https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging) as my messaging backend. I am unable to send push notifications and see the following error:

Error: Auth error from APNS or Web Push Service Raw server response: "{"error":{"code":401,"message":"Auth error from APNS or Web Push Service","status":"UNAUTHENTICATED","details":[{"@type":"type.googleapis.com/google.firebase.fcm.v1.FcmError","errorCode":"THIRD_PARTY_AUTH_ERROR"}]}

The same setup with no changes works fine when I build for iOS but fails for Catalyst.

Do I need additional configuration changes to enable push notifications for Catalyst?

I am building with Xcode 11.3.1.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of girishw Down vote post of girishw
1.4k views
  • Hi @girishw, have you found a solution to this? Requesting notification authorisation is not working for me (on Xcode 14.1 beta and macOS 13 beta)

Add a Comment