Apple Sign-In "Continue with Password"

We have come across several users recently who are presented with "Continue with Password" after the Apple Sign-In Email Option view, on the Apple Watch. In our testing we have only ever seen the button show "Continue", and I'm unsure how users get into this state.

The problem is that we are not handling this correctly, and when the user adds their Passcode, on the iPhone, they are presented with a view on the watch that states "Sign Up Not Completed". This view is not in our codebase, so it seems to be some case in Apple Sign-In we are not supporting correctly.

What we know so far is that it's certainly happening on Watch OS 6.1.3. It's happening to users new to our app, and existing users how have logged out and back in again.

We have had a steady increase in support requests over the past two weeks, receiving several in the last 24 hours.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Accepted Reply

Hey, I have a good update on this issue.
I got some time with Apple Engineers during the WWDC labs, demoed this issue, and they have since patched their servers to stop it from happening.

Been testing the past two weeks, and I'm happy to report that the problem no longer exists.
Thanks Apple!

Replies

This is continuing to be a problem for us, we are getting several support emails a day around this issue, and nothing has changed in our codebase around Apple Sign-in since December. This issue just started a couple of weeks back, around the time that watch OS 6.3.1 was released, and has continued to grow.

One user actually contacted Apple Support and they directed them to unpair, and pair their watch again. This worked for them, and it's what we have been directing other users to do, with 100% success. However, people are reluctant to do this, and they think it's an issue with our software. We did get one user to confirm that it also happens with Yazio on their watch too. Our downloads and sessions have been dropping considerably, and we have been forced to explore options around not using Apple Sign-in on the Watch.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar to this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey,

i can confirm that we at Yazio have the same Issue and our Support gets a lot of Messages regarding this bug. We have not changed the Sign in with Apple code since a while and have the exact same feeling that this started on all Watch Series when WatchOS 6.1.3 was released.

The support team is doing the same and telling the customers to unpair and pair their watch.

Best

Sebastian

Hey, I have a good update on this issue.
I got some time with Apple Engineers during the WWDC labs, demoed this issue, and they have since patched their servers to stop it from happening.

Been testing the past two weeks, and I'm happy to report that the problem no longer exists.
Thanks Apple!
Same problem on watchOS 7.1 :(
I have erased my apple watch completely and now it works.
Flatout, I can confirm that the issue returned in Watch OS7. I have been trying to get Apple's attention to fix it again, but no luck. I'll keep trying, but it's been radio silence from them.

Did you find a solution for this we still are having this issue with a few users
  • Deleted comment (reposted as answer)

Add a Comment

Still here on watchOS 7.5; It's been a day I'm fighting to understand why Sign In With Apple is not working on my new watch app (as it is done with SwiftUI and uses exactly the same code on both iOS and watchOS, and works on iOS), but it seems to be a watchOS issue, not about the app itself.

Had the same issue recently. I was able to log in after going to the ‘Passwords & Security’, then and ‘Apps using Apple ID’ section, and clicking ‘Stop using Apple ID’ for the app I had troubles with. My data remained untouched.