Xcode 11 how to work with .crash files?

Greetings. With Xcode 11 .crash files can be opened in Xcode and appear as if you were in an active debug session by showing the stack in the debug pane. However, clicking on any of the symbols doesn't seem to do anything, even if I know my code is sync-ed up to the version of the app that crashed. I also surprisingly have not been able to find much of any info on how this feature works, and how to use it, either through Apple's documentation or otherwise. Can anyone point me in some useful direction regarding this feature? Thanks.

Replies

Not sure how viewing crashes in Xcode is supposed to work either. Wasn't able to find anything useful when clicking "Open in Project."

For me, a couple of times I noticed vital information was missing when viewing the crash in Xcode (missing method calls on the stack but they were in the .crash log). So I right-clicked on the crash in the list on the left and choose "Show in Finder" which reveals a package with .xccrashpoint in Finder. I then right clicked that .xccrashpoint package in Finder and choose "Show Package Contents" and then dug through subfolders until I got to the "Log" folder with the .crash files in it. Then I just opened the .crash in Console. Reading the .crash in Console was a lot more useful. Was able to determine what caused the app to crash and was able to fix it in an update.