URGENT HELP: Provisioning profile badly generated by the developer portal

Hello,

Please let someone at Apple read this.

I am seeking for help, but more importantly to report a serious bug in the provision profile generation when I include the "Hotspot Helper" extra-entitlement in it.

I tried to contact the direct email support, however they responded me to contact the paid code-level support.

I am now sure that this issue is to be resolved by Apple, not by me, so it is out of the question that I use the code-level support for this.

Original issue :

• Xcode crashes as soon as I try to build with my imported provisioning profile on an iOS device.
  • There are three scenarios:

1. If you build on a simulator, everything went as planned : successfully builded and running.
  2. If you build it on macOS using Catalyst, it says it did successfully achieved the build, but does not launch the app and states « Finished launching app » on the top bar.
  3. If you build it on a real or generic iOS device, Xcode instantly crashes before even starting the building process (« Planning build »).

I tried to manually build the project using the terminal, and here is what I got:

2020-03-02 21:28:45.399 xcodebuild[42606:2264629] -[__NSArrayM hasSuffix:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fd3852562d0
** INTERNAL ERROR: Uncaught exception **
Uncaught Exception: -[__NSArrayM hasSuffix:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fd3852562d0
Stack:
  0   __exceptionPreprocess (in CoreFoundation)
  1   objc_exception_throw (in libobjc.A.dylib)
  2   -[NSObject(NSObject) __retain_OA] (in CoreFoundation)
  3   ___forwarding___ (in CoreFoundation)
  4   _CF_forwarding_prep_0 (in CoreFoundation)
  5   -[IDEEntitlementsMerger entitlementsByMergingProfileEntitlements:appEntitlements:bundleIdentifier:appName:profileName:warnings:error:] (in IDEFoundation)
  6   -[IDEProvisionableStatusEvaluation mergedEntitlementsWithWarnings:error:] (in IDEFoundation)
  7   +[IDEProvisioningCommandInputs inputsFromEvaluation:] (in IDEFoundation)
  8   -[IDEProvisionableStatusEvaluation provisioningCommandInputs] (in IDEFoundation)
  9   __97-[IDEProvisioningManager evaluateProvisioningForProvisionable:overrides:deviceRequirement:isXBS:]_block_invoke_2.374 (in IDEFoundation)
10   __131-[IDEProvisionableManager immediatelyEvaluateWithOverrides:deviceRequirement:shouldRepairIfNecessary:isXBS:callbackQueue:callback:]_block_invoke.364 (in IDEFoundation)
11   __DVT_CALLING_CLIENT_BLOCK__ (in DVTFoundation)
12   __DVTDispatchAsync_block_invoke (in DVTFoundation)
13   _dispatch_call_block_and_release (in libdispatch.dylib)
14   _dispatch_client_callout (in libdispatch.dylib)
15   _dispatch_lane_serial_drain (in libdispatch.dylib)
16   _dispatch_lane_invoke (in libdispatch.dylib)
17   _dispatch_workloop_worker_thread (in libdispatch.dylib)
18   _pthread_wqthread (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)
19   start_wqthread (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)

zsh: abort      xcodebuild build

plugn@MacBook-Pro-de-PlugN FWi-Fi %

Then I had the idea to generate a new provisionning profile, without the "Hotspot Helper" entitlement.

One thing I immediatly noticed is that the "App ID" section on the Preview had the correct ID, whereas the other profile had "Unknown".

I imported this new profile in Xcode to see if it was accepting to build the app, and it did it immediately, without any complaints!

I opened the two provisioning profiles in TextEdit to compare them, and they were pretty similar (well of course except one of them had the extra entitlement), but one thing stroke me right away:

The provisioning profile that successfully worked in Xcode had the following structure for the App ID :

<key>application-identifier</key>

<string>*******.xx.xxxx.xxxxx</string>

With *** being the Team account number and the *** my application identifier

And the provisioning profile that failed to work and made Xcode crash, and made the App ID unknown from the preview had the following structure :

<key>application-identifier</key>

<array>

<string>*******.xx.xxxx.xxxxx</string>

</array>

I am quite sure this is where the problem comes from, but I cannot edit the file so I need someone at Apple to confirm me this issue and fix it as soon as possible if it is indeed where the crashes comes from.

Thank you in advance,

PlugN

Replies

Same issue here.... When we want to use the Extra Entitlement in the provision profile Xcode crashes right away. I also send an email to Apple waiting for an response....

Is your fixed already?

same here, with apple pay suppression entitlement,
As soon as i add the requested entitelment to the provisioning profile, xcode crashes instantly.