"An Issue Occurred" when adding a credit card

An Issue Occurred

Your request couldn’t be completed. Would you like to try again?

Most likely the website doesn't support redirects to bank website. Any idea how to solve it?

Accepted Reply

I was able to solve it. It was the solution provided by guys from the engineering:

1. In the Billing page, enter the credit card information
  2. Before clicking Save, open the browser Dev Tools:
  • Safari & Chrome: command-option-I, or,
  • Right click, Inspect Element
  1. Click the Save button
  2. Click the Continue button when the ‘Card Authentication’ pop-up displays
  3. Click the Continue button at the bottom of your bank's detail page
  4. If a blank page appears, please:

a) Right Click on the blank pop-up -> Inspect Element
b) Within the iframe element, open the html element, then open the body element.
c) Expand the script element, highlight the code, right-click and Copy as Text
d) Within the Dev Tools Console, paste the copied text at the console prompt
e) Within the pasted code, find PaRes: and change the single quotes at the start and end of the code to back tick (`). Be sure to only change these two single quotes.
f) Press enter
g) A response from your bank should be shown in the pop-up.

GL

• Hello, I have the same issue and I want to solve it Please if I have an explanation video or a picture that shows the solution to the problem

Thank you

• Does not getting any help. Another thing that

I have available only 100 USD on my card. Is there any issue like tax/vat related to which possible reason for the error?

Add a Comment

Replies

I am having the same issue now. did you find a way to fix this ?

Same issue here!

me too! we need help

The same issue, we are essentially locked out of ads as Europeans.

I'm also experiencing this!
I have same issue. I tried 2 credit cards but it didn't changed.
same issue. I'm in Philippines, but have tried US credit card, US debit card.
Happened with me today. 2 different US-based credit cards and nothing works apparently.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/64425

This problem has been going on for years it seems. Does Apple not care? They're literally refusing our money.
Same here - tried two US credit cards, a US debit card and my Apple Card. Same error each time.
I have the same problem. Can't add a Visa card.
I had the same issue with two different card (Mastercard and Visa debit card) and I was frustrated by the error message ("An Issue Occurred"). But the message was more implicit in the response from the API call in the Chrome DevTools Network Activity inspector. The error was saying that I need to wait 24 hours before trying again after three failed attempts. I guess that the Mastercard failed for some reason and I clicked "try again" three times before trying the visa card. That's why I received the same error for the visa card. Then I tried again the visa card a day later and it worked.

So if you're having the same issue, I would suggest to look in the response from the API to see if there is more details about why it's failing.
same here
Did you solve this problem?
I ran into this issue with a valid credit card (Apple / MasterCard). I was using Google Chrome as a browser.

This problem is resolved when I use Safari as a browser.
I tried Safari too. The same issue occurs.