Removing WebView?

Hi,

I am looking to see if anyone else is struggling with this, I have had an App with web-view for ages, it was designed by a developer and now Apple are pulling WebView, not just this they still have not implemented Push on PWA which is going to really put us in a position which could cost a lot of money.
We would need to get the developer to redevelop the app £1000+, the site is a PWA but as you know has its limitations due to Apple's rules and agenda.
So I have a choice abandon the iOS app and contuine with the Android App with Push and tell my iOS users to use the PWA without Push. I am kind of angry at Apple over this.
Also my Developer account has now expired and I see no reason to renew it over this decision.
What are people's thoughts?

Replies

Apple isn't pulling WebView. It's removing UIWebView. The replacement is WKWebView, which works more or less the same with a few different features.

When we upload our App to TestFlight it warns us to change over to this? is this a framework? if so yes the app would need to be re-developed or is it a simple change in xcode?

It's a change. You need to use WkWebView instead of UIWebView. It may not be a simple change. Some features in UIWebView don't work in WkWebView. There is no way that anyone here would know if your app would be affected by that.