Appgroup not work for network extension in system extension

Hello.

I am very glad to hear that network extension now can distribute by devloperid.

However, after I modify my old packet-tunnel-provider code(App-extension way, work well) I found that appgroups is invalid in packet-tunnel-provider. More specifically, I create a file in appgroups directory(i.e. groupContainer/AppgroupName/) but I cannot find it, and the ipc by appgroups manage by myself is invalid too. Creating a file in appgroups in container app is still valid after modify my code.

I am sure of the following things.

1) The packet-tunnel provider extension is work because I see log in console and I can see my vpn established in system titlebar.

2) The entilment and sign of my app and extension is using system-extension(like packet-tunnel-provider-systemextension).

3) I disable the SIP for my mac.

4) I am using developerid profile.

5) I set exactly the appgroup in capacity of my extension .

6) I start the packert-tunnel-provider by submit OSSystemExtensionRequest and then call the startVPNTunnelWithOptions in container app.

Are there some limitations or bugs when using packet-tunnel-provider in system-extension way?

BTW, The systemExtension prints lot of errors although it is work. (Like macos error -25337, macos error -65537, Signature check failed: invalid signature (code or signature have been modified), CSSM Exception: 3 unknown error 3=3, CSSM Exception: -2147414013 CSSMERR_DL_MDS_ERROR, CMSDecoderCopySignerStatus failed with kCMSSignerInvalidSignature error (3)).

Any help or advice is appreciate. Thanks in advanced.

Replies

I found that it is not invalid for app group while it create the file in /private/var/root/Library/. And the container app create the file in /Users/***/Library/Group Containers/. How to set they using the same directory? By running the app in root way or I can set some parameters in systemExtension.

Any help or advice is appreciate. Thanks in advanced.

Have you managed to resolve this?