Double TextField Delegate calls in iOS 13.4 b2

Hey All,

i noticed something in my app using iOS 13.4 B2, this was not occuring on iOS 13.4 b1 or any previous iOS versions . The delegate method

textFieldShouldBeginEditing is being called twice now when i return NO after giving focus to the textfield (i dont want the keyboard to appear over my action sheet). Normally this is only called once so showActionSheet is only called once, but now its called twice and calls showactionsheet twice, which is obviously not what we want. as 2 action sheets will show up one after the other. Anyone else seeing anything similiar with double delegate calls? Thanks !

- (BOOL)textFieldShouldBeginEditing:(UITextField *)textField{
if(textField==myTextField2){
[myTextField1 resignFirstResponder];
[self showActionSheet];
return NO;
}
return YES;
}
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of lmDeveloper1 Down vote post of lmDeveloper1
2.4k views

Replies

Yes, have you reported this to Apple?

Are you seeing this will all the delegate calls, or just this one specifically?

I have reported this, however as with most things, the more visiblity the bug gets the quicker it will be handled / looked at. Please also report this issue. I have verified its happening in both Swift and Obj C, and honestly it could be happening in other textfield delegates, but textFeildShouldBeginEditing is the one i noticed it in.

Having the same issue here

textFieldShouldBeginEditing called twice

I notice this behavior when text in UITextField does not fit (truncated)

13 pro iOS 15.6