Creating a Mac App version of an Existing IOS App

I would like to create a MacOS App version of my IOS App and publish it to the app store with the same name. I cannot find out how exactly to do this and I do not want to mess my existing app up, so some detailed guidance would be nice, for example

Do I register for a new app ID with the same name as the IOS App

Do I use the same bundle id?

If I do not use a bundle id ending with the app name are there any pitfalls to beware.

Can I just create a new target inside my current IOS project

P.S. Although there is a tiny but of common code, the IOS App is all written in XCode and the MacOS App is all written in Swift.

P.P.S. I am not yet running 10.15 and even if I was, I would not want to use the automated conversion feature from IOS to MacOS, as there will be significant differences between the apps, e.g. main menu, no device location, no device orientation, no (useful) camera...

Replies

Steve, any luck with this? I have several apps that I'm trying to do the same. I had luck with the first three, being able to make them the same name as the corresponding iOS apps. Then for no apparent reason I started getting this message when trying to create the corresponding Mac app on App Store Connect --

The app name you entered is already being used for another app in your account. If you would like to use the name for this app you will need to submit an update to your other app to change the name, or remove it from App Store Connect.

You can see my post here --

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/411584#411584

I've contacted Apple but have not received a reply yet.

Bob