2 Replies
      Latest reply on Mar 1, 2020 5:14 AM by ViktorCode
      ViktorCode Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Can't get status of my Safari extension and content blocker on macOS Catalina. Both SFSafariExtensionManager.getStateOfSafariExtension and SFContentBlockerManager.getStateOfContentBlocker always return false.

I found few complaints about this behaviour that seem to happen after wake up from sleep. But restarting my Mac didn't help. I found no way to make those call work. But the curious thing is they were working few months ago, on earlier Catalina versions.

Any suggestions why this might be happening?

• Re: Neither getStateOfSafariExtension nor getStateOfContentBlocker work
          bweinstein Apple Staff Apple Staff (100 points)

Do you use Safari Technology Preview? Or was this on regular Safari?

To help understand more, I'll need a sample app that can reproduce the issue and a sysdiagnose.

Are you testing with unsigned extensions?

• Re: Neither getStateOfSafariExtension nor getStateOfContentBlocker work
              ViktorCode Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you for reaching out.
              I found the issue, and it had nothing to with Safari. The problem was me, misusing Combine: I wrapped calls to SFSafariExtensionManager.getStateOfSafariExtension and SFContentBlockerManager.getStateOfContentBlocker in Future<> and didn't keep AnyCancellable which was produced as the result. Thus, the result of the operation never made it to the state.

Curiously, I remember the same code working before. Maybe during Beta times, there might have been a bug when a Combine chain wasn't disposed immediately. So I started looking into it thinking nothing is wrong with my code Everything is fixed now.

Thank you.