AudioQueueGetProperty input sample rate inaccurate?

In regards to AudioQueueGetProperty (specifically on iOS), is the sample rate returned for an input (microphone) AudioQueue accurate?

Background: I essentially had the first microphone based guitar tuner on the iPhone (going back to jailbroken pre-App Store era)--this has always used AudioQueue methods, and it has until recently worked great. When the input sample rate increased from 8k to 44.1k a number of years ago, I had it detect the actual sample rate (independent of what I requested) via the AudioQueueGetProperty method, and adapted to the returned sample rate. For 10+ years, the guitar tuner worked beautifully. I recently had to update the app (as it apparently broke with Apple iOS changes), and now (as of late 2019) it returns the wrong frequency. When it should be detecting 440Hz, it detects somewhere around 406Hz. The ratio of of 406/440 is about 0.923; this is similar to the ratio of sample rates 44,100 / 48,000 (which is 0.919). In the current version on my iPhone, it is still returning the input AudioQueue sample rate of 44,100 (even when I request 48,000); if I manually override the tuner and force it to act as if the input sample rate is 48,000, it returns a MUCH more accurate value (albeit not as accurate as it was before). So my question is whether AudioQueueGetProperty for sample rate is accurate, and WHAT possibly changed in 2018-2019 to cause my app to now return wrong results?