Custom fonts not detected in Xcode

In my MacApp I am using custom fonts. These fonts are stored in /Resourcese/Fonts folder and Copy phase is written for the same.

I noticed that, if I have used these fonts in Xib and I run the app from Xcode. UI does not show up these fonts unless it is installed in Font Book.

However, same build if I have published to AppStore and I download from AppStore, custom fonts does show up.

My question is that why does Custom font not show up while we run through Xcode?

-Srinivas

Replies

Did you found solution? Im facing same issue.
Suppose you are copying the custom fonts to the Bundle's Resources folder directly (without subfolder), add the key "Application fonts resource path" to your Info.plist with empty value. Please check if this solves the problem.
  • YOU ARE GENIUS INDEED! THANKS!

• Thanks a lot! Solved the issue.

• Here I am two years later with the same! Thank you Deepa Pai 🙏🏼

Deepa Pai your a genius.
  • Thank you so much Deepa Pai !!!

I've been embedding fonts with Xcode for years without problems and today I've been struggling for ages with a new font. I just couldn't understand why this particular font wouldn't show up on the device when the others do. Now with your advice - problem solved!

Add a Comment

This didn't work for me.... ??? not sure why...

It did not work for me and I solved it using "PostScript name" that can be obtained by installing the font on the mac and obtaining information specifically about the font in question in "Font Book"

If none of the above helps, try to delete "Fonts provided by application" row from info.plist and add it again, but select from dropdown menu now. It happens that you could misprint when was entering that row's name previously.

Add a Comment