How to fix Subtitle?

We submitted our App for review and it was rejected with the following notice:

We noticed that your app's metadata includes the following information, which is not relevant to the app's content and functionality:

The subtitled app name has iOS referenced in the app name.

“Create games on iOS device”

Well, we deleted the content of the subtitle field (finally, it is optional), made and submitted the NEW VERSION. It was rejected with the same reason! 😮 As I asked the reviewers how can I change/delete the subtitle, they kindly sent me the same message:

We noticed that your app's metadata includes the following information, which is not relevant to the app's content and functionality:

The subtitled app name has iOS referenced in the app name.

“Create games on iOS device”

Even if I add a different text in the subtitle field, it stays highlighted with yellow. When I point the cursor on the highlighted word "Subtitle", a window with the old subtitle pops up. I am completely lost 😝 Did anyone have problems/experiance with changing the subtitle?

Replies

There are some metadata fields that can only be changed when you submit a new binary. You might try 'developer rejecting' the old binary, reloading the old binary again (with an advanced Build number) and using that - maybe that will unlock the metadata field for subtitle.

Thank you! We did submit a new binary (leaving the subtitle field empty), but it didn't help. Maybe it will help if we add some new text to the field 🙂 Will give it a try!

If you are having trouble with subtitles, please follow these steps:

1. Check your subtitle file and make sure it is the same format as your video file.
  2. Ensure that the subtitle file is in the same folder as the video file.
  3. Make sure the subtitle file has the same name as the video file.
  4. If the subtitle file is stored in a different folder than the video file, use a full path when loading the subtitle file.

I recently used https://ekitaisolutions.com/ to translate something into Nepali for a project, and I'm very happy with how it turned out. They have a team of professional, skilled translators who can do any job. The translations were perfect, and the customer service was great. I think that anyone who wants a good translation should use this service.