Emulating NFC Tag using iPhone Device

I'm trying to transfer data from one device to another using NFC. I'm trying to figure out if this is possible, I downloaded apple's sample project about CoreNFC, I was able to read NFC Tags (it wasn't a real NFC Tag, rather it was an NFC Tag emulated with an android device). Can I use my iPhone to emulate an NFC Tag to transfer data to another iPhone or Android device?

• How did you emulate an NFC Tag with an android device that was readable by an iPhone? I've tried several android NFC apps that did not emulate on an iPhone natively unless you used the same compatible app on both phones.

• Did you find any solution for this?

• I can help if you need to make your android phone as nfc card

Add a Comment

Replies

No, at least not up to this point.

Only Wallet/PassKit/Apple Pay have a way to do Host Card Emulation as of now.

There's not an API for third party developers to do HCE.

Hello
may you please advice how were you able to use an NFC tag emulated in a device ??
and if there is a link or an app you used can you please share.

who can tell me, how this solution to do with NFC emulation? like this:

SKIDATA and Allianz Arena launch Germany’s first contactless NFC stadium access with iPhone and Apple Watch https://www.skidata.com/en/skidata-and-allianz-arena-launch-genrmanys-first-contactless-nfc-stadium-access-with-iphone-and-apple-watch/

NFC - Mobile Phone as Ticket https://www.skidata.com/en-us/products-services/products-for-arenas-leisure/tickets-ticketing/e-ticketing/nfc/

Hi, this is done using the PKPass NFC Type... Using this, a pass in Passkit can emulate an NFC Card.

BUT: You can only use this with an NFC Pass Type Identifier or what it is called like. I am from germany and know skidata and their way of thinking and love it! This technology of using a pkpass is very nice - but you need that nfc certificate. And I assume, apple doesn't provide any of these anymore. I have already requested such in multiple projects - but never even got any response!

I'll contact apple support next days :)

• Hi, Jannis6023, I'm very glad to receive your response. Do you contact Apple for supporting nfc certificate? As i know, you need to apply apple nfc certiticate before using it. Given that your application must support apple pay. Do you have any suggestion on it? thank you very much.

Add a Comment

As this post is two years old, has there been any change to Apple not supporting NFC Tag emulation mode in the meantime?

Hi, any news on this?

Any updates on HCE on iOS 16....

The European commission has issued a statement of objection to Apple over restrictions on HCE, then if ultimately/eventually plays out may enable developers to use it?

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_22_2764

I do not see this lawsuit being resolved for at least 4 years IMHO.

Hi mohammad jaber, Did you find any solution for HCE?

I follow it

I am really require this feature, so following the topic and want to see any update.