7 Replies
      Latest reply on Feb 13, 2020 8:02 AM by KMT
      alfamsome2 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Every 24 hours or so I get this email: "You have revoked your certificate, so it is no longer valid". What did I do to revoke it? (I"m just using the Xcode auto-generation process so unsure as to what I did that caused it to be revoked). It doesn't seem to have any effect on testing but it's annoying to constantly get this email, so I'm just trying to understand why this keeps happening. Are these Xcode generated certificates only valid for 24 hours?

• Re: Revoked Certificate
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,455 points)

Do you have a valid paid Developer Program account, or are you working with Xcode's free provisioning?

I have a valid account

Check your Keychain via Keychain Access - houseclean any/all outdated and/or duplicate certificates. Renew as necessary.

thanks for the response; I did check keychain as best I could; didn't seem to make any difference. What I did notice though is that this might be somehow tied to using more than 1 development machine - if that makes any sense. I have an iMac and a MBP and a "remote" git repository that I use between the two. Normal development is on the iMac; but after I make changes and push from there I will typically pull to the MBP so that I can run app from there. It seems like the revoke might somehow be related to doing the build on the MBP. I'm going to NOT do any pull onto MBP for several days and see if the certificate on iMac holds up.

Did you export cert(s) from the main mac, and import to the slave mac?

Go to keychain, select the iOS certificate and right click to export it.

The problems I am having are with Mac OS X apps not IOS apps. I think I have found the source of the problem: the apps I am trying to build have  "Automatically manage signing" enabled; if I disable this then things seem to work as expected (i.e. I can build mutlple times without getting the revoked message and I can push to git and pull on other machine without problems). Since these apps are only for my use, not general distribution this solution makes sense.

I think the source of the "revoked" emails also relates back to auto managing; it seems that if auto managing is enabled, then each time you do a build it needs a new certficate so revokes the prior one.

Again, thanks for your comments.