iOS 13 voip push notifications banned

As per documentation from Apple (at WWDC session "Advances in App Background Execution"), "Repeatedly failing to report calls may prevent your app from receiving any more incoming voip notifications." so in this case , our existing app verson (say X) is banned by system to get further voip notifications.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/pushkit/pkpushregistrydelegate/2875784-pushregistry

On iOS 13.0 and later, if you fail to report a call to CallKit, the system will terminate your app. Repeatedly failing to report calls may cause the system to stop delivering any more VoIP push notifications to your app.

Need help on below points -

1. Our existing app version x is live and doesn't support CallKit for voip based calls, hence repeatedly failing to callkit, further voip notifications are banned by system.

2. Now we have version Y is ready with CallKit support and we want to release it on AppStore. Will voip notifications get delivered to our app after upgrading the app version to Y as this new version reports every voip notification to callkit? I see voip otifications are not delivered on upgrading the app locally, all i need to do is force install i.e delete app followed by new install. Now challlenge is that - we can not ask our millions of customers to force install the new app due to various reasons. Can someone please help here?

Regards,

Pravesh

Replies

Hello, I hav same problem. Do you have an any solutions?

To reset the "ban", as you put it, you either need to delete and reinstall the app (which will reset your push token), or wait 24 hours.