Launch Storyboard issue with iOS13

Hi,

I have an annoying issue with the Launch Screen storyboard I am setting up to replace our LaunchImage catalaog assets.
I am using XCode 11.3.1 under macOS Catalina (10.15.2).
I created a launch story board with a view which has a orange background color, and I add an image view pointing to an image from our catalog asset.
When I build our app on an iPhone running iOS12, everything works as expected I see correctly the story board.

When I build our app on an iPhone running iOS13, I only see a blank white screen instead of the launch story board, then the app launches.

Does anyone know why is this happening and how to resolve it ?

Thank you for the help,

Lucie

Accepted Reply

Problem is that launchScreen uses a lot of cache.

You may have to remove the app, from device or from simulator, to get an update. Or wait for some time till the cache flushes.

Anyway, you solved it. Don't forget to close the thread and good continuation.

Replies

Have you checked the sceneDelegate ? To see what to do, create a new project and see what's in SceneDelegate and what's in AppDelegate.

Hi Claude,
Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
I've followed your advice to create a new project and there I had no problem on ios 13 when using simulator but I retrieve the problem on one device.
I went back to my main project and this time it works normally everywhere, after a new generation of the Xcode project using Cmake.

I'm a bit confused because I don't know what have change that makes it work now. But is does 😁
Lucie

Problem is that launchScreen uses a lot of cache.

You may have to remove the app, from device or from simulator, to get an update. Or wait for some time till the cache flushes.

Anyway, you solved it. Don't forget to close the thread and good continuation.