CryptoTokenKit Code=-2, Failed to get externalisedContext from LAContext.

I am facing an error regarding crypto kit in Touch ID device. I am using secure enclave for storing login credentials using Touch ID.

During Touch ID setup and storing the data on secure enclave are working fine but I am getting below error intermittently on iOS 13 while retrieving the data.

Error Domain=CryptoTokenKit Code=-2 "Failed to get externalisedContext from LAContext."

I can't find any answer online. Thanks in advance.

P.S.- I am getting this issue only on touch ID (working fine for face ID) devices and on iOS 13.

Replies

I read your question about four times before I realised that the error was with CryptoTokenKit, not Apple CryptoKit. These are different beasts (-:

Anyway, this error, CryptoTokenKit error -2, is

TKErrorCodeCommunicationError
and I’ve discussed it in a previous thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thanks for your reply. I have seen this previous thread answer. Can you please help me on the error statement. What exactly they want to say "Failed to get externalisedContext from LAContext." And if it's related to LAContext or Cryptotokenkit l. Then how it is working fine for face. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I’m sorry but I can’t really explain it any better than I explained it back in Dec. What, specifically, has you confused?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"