iPad Pro 11" Simulator - Split view master table view cell width not correct when rotating to landscape (iPadOs 13.1)

I have a split view controller, the master is a table view with a variable list, the detail can be anything.

This works fine on iPad 7th gen , iPad Pro 9.7", iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd gen simulators, and my iPad 6th gen device all on iPadOS 13.3.1

I am working with XCODE 11.3.1 and OSX 10.15.3 latest beta.

However on the iPad Pro 11" simulator if the list is changed while in portrait and the device rotated to landscape the cells do not have the correct width. Reloading the table view in view will/ did appear does not have any effect.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0oJpDX_Nwiv3n-UZaCDOc-USw#iPad_Pro_(11-inch)_-_Landscape

If the list is changed while in landscape the cells redraw to the correct width.

Has anyone else seen this or similar differences on iPad Pro 11" and is anyone aware of a solution?

Answer (own goal):

The table view cells are the correct width, I have added a gradient layer to each cell for background colors, the frame for this is being set to the cell bounds for each row after the cell is dequeued, but it appears that the bounds for the first N cells have not been updated when the view is rotated on the iPad Pro 11" simulator and the table reloaded, hence some cells appear to have the incorrect width. On other simulators and devices the bounds for all cells are updated by the time the table view is reloaded but this may simply be good luck.

Answer(what is the penalty for using a public forum to think something through?)

On simulators and devices other than iPad Pro 11" the master view is the same width in portrait and landscape hence the cell bounds do not change and the gradient layer frame is always correct. On iPad Pro 11" simulator the master view is wider in landscape hence the problem.

Replies

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I've also bumped into an issue with the iPad Pro 11-inch simulator's dimensions. On portrait, the width behaves as though it is a lot longer than the actual device's width. So whenever I try to place an object anywhere based off the screen width, it ends up somewhere entirely different. It works perfectly fine on the other simulators though.

Also, I'm on Xcode 12.2, so if it's a bug, I'm guessing they still haven't fixed it yet :(